Apr 20, 2015 0
Community Media Workshop is looking for an enthusiastic early-career professional to join the team as our next Marketing and Digital Media Manager. The ideal candidate will have a passion for journalism and the social sector, as well as a drive to bring both together to benefit Chicago’s communities.
- Design and implement email marketing and social media campaigns for events, fundraisers and training sessions. Maintain up-to-date, accurate email lists in database. Manage marketing (email and social media) editorial calendar.
- Create and curate content (written and visual) for website and social media platforms.
- Encourage online community growth and manage Community Media Workshop’s online presence across social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter). Expand to new platforms as needed.
- Maintain and update content as well as functionality of website.
- Write or edit and publish blog posts on a weekly basis.
- Build a network of influencers in the industry to contribute material to blog.
- Keep online calendar current with upcoming events and trainings.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for and the teaching of communications and social media trainings for nonprofit organizations. Help to coordinate logistics and content for other events and fundraisers as needed.
- Research and stay ahead of current trends in social media, marketing, news and journalism. Prepare one-pagers, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, training worksheets and other documents as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related media field. Other fields accepted if candidate has extensive work experience in one of the above fields.
- Experience writing and updating basic code (HTML/CSS). Knowledge of WordPress, as well as Vertical Response or Constant Contact software.
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Flexible, quick learner, able to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and willing to take initiative on projects with minimal guidance.
- Passionate about online communities, social media engagement and digital strategy.
- Teaching experience and comfort with public speaking
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience working in journalism and/or the nonprofit or the public sector
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Basic photography and videography experience
- Familiarity with Chicago communities
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and link to account on social media platform (Twitter preferred) and/or website that you have worked on to Jocelyn Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing and Digital Media Manager Application”.
Position starts summer 2015. Salary commensurate with experience.